start	end	text
0	9000	Standard Chinese, A Modular Approach. Life in China Module, Unit 7-8, Review Tape 1.
9000	15000	This tape reviews your comprehension of the reference list sentences in Life in China Module, Unit 7-8.
15000	20000	The speaker will say the Chinese sentence first, and then you translate into English.
20000	22000	Let's begin.
22000	29000	我要给孩子买点床上用品,没有部票了。
29000	35000	I want to buy some bedding for the children, but I'm out of cotton ration coupons.
35000	46000	您别急,我这儿还有不少部票,没有用掉,您拿去吧。
46000	52000	Don't worry, I have plenty of cotton ration coupons which I haven't used up. You take them.
52000	61000	现在政府对海外关系又有新的政策了。
61000	65000	The government again has a new policy towards relations overseas.
65000	74000	我也听说了,现在对乔建挺照顾的。
74000	81000	Yes, so I've heard too. Now they're taking very good care of family members of overseas Chinese.
81000	87000	根据规定,我们可以再给你分配一间房子。
87000	92000	According to the rules, we can assign you another room.
92000	100000	太谢谢了,这样一来,我的困难就少得多了。
100000	105000	Thank you so much. With this arrangement, I'll have a lot fewer difficulties.
105000	113000	唐山地震的时候,你们家的房子受到影响没有?
113000	117000	During the Tang Shan earthquake, was your house affected?
117000	125000	我们的房子不错,没有什么大问题。
125000	129000	Our place was pretty good. There weren't any big problems.
129000	138000	许多居民都积极参加了我们这个地区的基本建设。
138000	143000	Many residents are enthusiastically taking part in our area's capital construction.
143000	151000	因此,我们这儿的住房问题可以早点解决。
151000	155000	Because of this, our housing problem here can be solved sooner.
155000	163000	您这块中国段子真漂亮,在哪儿买的?
163000	168000	This piece of Chinese satin of yours is really pretty. Where did you buy it?
168000	173000	在华侨商店挑的。
173000	177000	I picked it out at the overseas Chinese store.
177000	185000	我姐姐下个月就该转业了,是不是?
185000	190000	Uncle, older sister is leading the military next month, isn't she?
190000	199000	这不是什么了不起的事,不要当作新闻去讲给同学们听啊。
199000	205000	This isn't some big thing. You don't have to treat it as news and tell all your classmates.
205000	210000	明年我可能到中国去。
210000	213000	I may be going to China next year.
213000	220000	不知道,办手续是不是得等很长的时间?
220000	224000	I wonder if you have to wait a long time when going through the procedures.
224000	234000	我听说,现在申请去中国的手续已经简单的多了,你可以试试。
234000	242000	I've heard that the procedures for applying to go to China have become much simpler now. You can try.
242000	249000	我买几块绸缎做衣料好不好?
249000	253000	Shall I buy a few pieces of silk and satin to use as clothing material?
253000	262000	做衣料不好,不如做背面子。
262000	267000	It wouldn't be good for clothing. That's not as good as using it to make a quilt cover.
267000	280000	听说,他们领了结婚证以后,等了不长的时间,住房问题就得到解决了。
280000	287000	I've heard that after they got their marriage certificate, they waited only a short time before their housing problem got solved.
287000	298000	刚才我经过家具店,看见这件家具不错,就给您买了。
298000	305000	Just now as I was passing the furniture store, I saw that this piece of furniture was pretty good, so I bought it for you.
305000	311000	真是的,又让您花钱。
311000	315000	Oh no, I've caused you to spend money again.
315000	331000	四人帮横行的时期,工业、农业、文化、外交,各方面的工作都受到很大影响。
331000	341000	During the period when the gang of four was causing trouble, work in the areas of industry, agriculture, culture and foreign relations were all greatly influenced.
341000	345000	你买毛线去了?
345000	348000	Did you go to buy wool yarn?
348000	356000	是啊,过元旦了,给我女儿买点小礼物。
356000	362000	Yes, New Year's is almost here. I'm buying a little present for my daughter.
362000	371000	你住的房子是机关管理的还是方管所管理的?
371000	377000	Is the place where you're living managed by your organization or by the urban housing authority?
377000	383000	我住的房子是属于我们机关的。
383000	387000	The place I live is one that belongs to my organization.
387000	399000	小王下个星期办喜事,我们十几个人给他买个缝韧机好不好?
399000	405000	小王的婚纱在下一周,我们十几个人给他买个缝韧机好不好?
405000	413000	他从来没用过缝韧机,还是给他买点别的东西吧?
413000	418000	But she's never used a sewing machine. We'd better buy her something else.
418000	429000	你看这些花,可好种了,才两个月的功夫,多数都开花了。
429000	435000	Look, these flowers are so easy to grow. It's only been two months and most of them have bloomed.
435000	447000	我想起来了,我那张生病住医院的证明,可以用来买鸡蛋。
447000	453000	It just occurred to me that my certificate which shows I was sick and staying in the hospital can be used to buy eggs.
453000	457000	已经买了,你放心吧。
457000	461000	They're already bought, don't you worry.
461000	473000	为了全面解决城市居民的住房问题,必须新建一些公寓楼。
473000	477000	In order to solve the housing problem of city residents in a comprehensive way,
477000	480000	it's necessary to build some apartment buildings.
480000	488000	你女儿大学毕业了,我们应该庆贺庆贺。
488000	492000	Your daughter is graduating from college. We should celebrate.
492000	498000	是啊,她可真长成大人了。
498000	501000	Yes, she's really grown into an adult.
501000	511000	城市青年结婚以后,如果他们想要一个孩子,怎么办呢?
511000	516000	What do young people in the city do after they're married if they want to have a child?
516000	529000	他们应该由女方向她的工作单位和街道居民委员会提出申请。
529000	534000	They should submit applications by the woman to her place of work and her neighborhood committee.
534000	541000	最近这段时期,你的身体可真不错啊。
541000	545000	Your health has been really good during this recent period.
545000	555000	是啊,调整工作以后,我没有那么累了,身体好多了。
555000	558000	Yes, since things got reorganized at work,
558000	561000	I haven't been so tired and my health has been a lot better.
561000	574000	在广大工人干部的积极努力下,我们的厂现在的困难一定能够解决。
574000	578000	With the vigorous efforts of a vast number of workers and cadre members,
578000	582000	the difficulties we now have at our plant can surely be resolved.
582000	594000	这些大楼经过地震以后,基本上还是安全的,可是还要再检查一次。
594000	598000	After the earthquake, these buildings were basically still safe,
598000	600000	but they still need to be checked once again.
600000	606000	请,这个工作就交给我们吧。
606000	609000	Okay, hand this work over to us.
609000	613000	你女儿干什么去了?
613000	615000	What did your daughter go off to do?
615000	625000	百货大楼卖国产黑白电视,她排队去了。
625000	631000	百货大楼卖国产黑白电视,她排队去了。
631000	636000	这就是组织结束,组织结束。
636000	638000	组织结束。
638000	657000	组织结束。