The word 想 in Chinese carries various meanings:
想 + noun/noun-phrase = to miss somebody/something:
丁雲很想家。
Ding Yun misses her family very much.
我很想我的爸爸媽媽。
I miss my parents very much.
你不想你的男朋友嗎﹖
Don't you miss your boyfriend?
你想不想她﹖
Do you miss her?
想 + verb/verb-phrase = to want to do something:
A: 你想去商店嗎﹖
Do you want to go to the shop?
B: 我不想去。
I don't want to go.
A: 你想不想學法語﹖
Do you want to study French?
B: 我也想學法語。
I also want to study French.
想 + clause = to think/suppose something:
我想她是中國人。
I think she is Chinese.
我想她爸爸媽媽都是大夫。
I think her parents are both doctors.
N.B. to negate a sentence with 想 in this capacity, put the negative adverb in the /subordinate clause/, not in the main clause as in English:
我想她/不是/中國人。
I don't think she is Chinese.
but not 我不想她是中國人。
N.B. 想 as a verb can use the affirmative-negative question form /only/ in senses 1 and 2 above, not in 3.