123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156157158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172173174175176177178179180181182183184185186187188189190191192193194195196197198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216217218219220221 |
- Meeting Module Unit 4, Production Tape 1
- On the Comprehension Tape in this unit, you learn to understand questions and answers you might use when you're invited to someone's house.
- If you think you might have forgotten the meanings of these sentences, go back to the end of the C1 Tape and review the target list sentences.
- If you think that you remember the meanings of all these sentences, begin learning how to say them.
- In the last unit, Mr. Franklin, an American businessman and type, invited Section Chief Huang and official at his bank to come to dinner.
- Listen to the conversation as Mrs. Franklin opens the door for Mr. and Mrs. Huang.
- 黄客长,黄太太,欢迎,欢迎,请进.
- Repeat the verb to welcome.
- 欢迎,欢迎.
- Repeat, Section Chief Huang, Mrs. Huang, welcome.
- 黄客长,黄太太,欢迎,欢迎,欢迎,黄客长,黄太太,欢迎,欢迎.
- 本歌ライバー
- 江 gravy
- 黄客掌黄太太,欢迎,欢迎。
- Now repeat the verb to enter.
- 进,进。
- Repeat, please enter.
- 请进,请进。
- Repeat, Section Chief Huang, Mrs. Huang,
- Mr. Huang, welcome, please come in.
- 黄客掌黄太太,欢迎,欢迎,请进。
- 黄客掌黄太太,欢迎,欢迎,请进。
- Section Chief Huang continues, he has something to give, Mrs. Franklin.
- 富太太,您好,这是一点小意思。
- Repeat the phrase, a token of appreciation.
- 小意思,小意思。
- Repeat, here's a small token of appreciation.
- 这是一点小意思,这是一点小意思。
- Repeat, Mrs. Franklin, how are you?
- Here's a small token of appreciation.
- 富太太,您好,这是一点小意思。
- 富太太,您好,这是一点小意思。
- Try saying it ahead of the speaker.
- Mrs. Franklin, how are you?
- Here's a small token of appreciation.
- 富太太,您好,这是一点小意思。
- Section Chief Huang goes on,
- 我知道您喜欢山水画,特别请朋友给您画了一张。
- 您真太客气,谢谢。
- Repeat for painting.
- 画,画。
- Repeat landscape painting.
- 山水画,山水画。
- Repeat, I know you like landscape paintings.
- 我知道您喜欢山水画。
- 我知道您喜欢山水画。
- Try saying it ahead of the speaker.
- I know you like landscape paintings.
- 我知道您喜欢山水画。
- Repeat the word for special or especially.
- 特别,特别。
- Repeat the verb to paint.
- 画,画。
- Repeat, I expect a friend to paint one for you.
- 特别请朋友给您画了一张。
- 特别请朋友给您画了一张。
- Notice that the completed action Marker Leu follows the verb to paint while you might expect it to follow the first verb to ask.
- The Marker Leu must be added when a completed action is followed by an object with a number and a counter.
- Repeat again, I especially ask the friend to paint one for you.
- 特别请朋友给您画了一张。
- 特别请朋友给您画了一张。
- How do you say I know you like landscape paintings?
- 我知道您喜欢山水画。
- How do you say I especially ask the friend to paint one for you?
- 特别请朋友给您画了一张。
- Here's a quick review of the vocabulary introduced so far.
- What's the verb to enter?
- 进。
- What's the verb to welcome?
- 欢迎。
- How do you say a small token of appreciation?
- 小意思。
- How do you say landscape paintings?
- 山水画。
- What's the word for special or especially?
- 特别。
- What's the verb to paint?
- 画。
- Let's return to the conversation.Mrs. Franklin has accepted the gift from Section Chief Huang.
- 来,我给你们介绍介绍。
- 这位是何教授,在台大教经济学。
- 何教授,这位是黄客长,在台湾银行工作。
- 这位是黄太太。
- Repeat the word for professor.
- 教授。
- 教授。
- You already know the verb 教 to teach.
- Here the same word is used, but in the falling tone as part of the noun 教授。
- You remember that when used alone as a verb, it has a high tone.
- Repeat teach economics.
- 教经济学。
- 教经济学。
- Now repeat the abbreviated name for Taiwan University.台大。
- 台大。
- The abbreviation is the first syllable of the word 台湾, and the first syllable of the word for university, 大学。
- Repeat this is Professor Hollands, who teaches economics at 台大。
- 这位是何教授,在台大教经济学。
- 这位是何教授,在台大教经济学。
- 这位是何教授,在台大教经济学。
- Try saying it ahead of the speaker.
- This is Professor Hollands, who teaches economics at 台大。
- 这位是何教授,在台大教经济学。
- 这位是何教授,在台大教经济学。
- Listen to the introduction again.
- This time with Section Chief Huang and Professor Hollands replying.
- 这位是何教授,在台大教经济学。
- 何教授,这位是黄科长,在台湾银行工作。
- 这位是黄太太。
- 纠杨纠杨,你来了多久了?
- 纠杨,我刚来两个月。
- Repeat the phrase which is roughly equivalent to glad to meet you.
- 纠杨纠杨。
- Literally,纠杨 means to have looked up to you for a long time,
- so it's usually used when you've heard about the person you're being introduced to.
- Repeat, glad to meet you, how long have you been here?
- 纠杨纠杨,你来了多久了?
- 纠杨纠杨。
- 纠杨纠杨,你来了多久了?
- 纠杨纠杨,你来了多久了?
- 纠杨纠杨。
- 纠杨纠杨,你来了多久了?
- 纠杨纠杨。
- Listen to Professor Hollands reply again.
- 游洋,我刚来两个月。
- You know that, in order to talk about time spent up to now,
- you use a marker leu after the verb,
- and a marker leu at the end of the sentence.
- 我来了两个月了。
- But notice that no marker leu is used at all
- when Professor Hollands talks about how long she's been in Taiwan.
- Sentences with the adverb 刚, just,
- meaning immediately proceeding in time,
- often have no marker leu.
- This is the focus is not on the amount of time
- having been spent up until now,
- but on the shortness of that time.
- Repeat,
- Glad to meet you.
- It's only been two months since I came.
- 游洋,我刚来两个月。
- 游洋,我刚来两个月。
- Say it ahead of the speaker.
- Glad to meet you.
- It's only been two months since I came.
- 游洋,我刚来两个月。
- Let's review some of the sentences covered so far.
- How do you say,
- 在进去黄,Mrs. Huang, welcome.
- 黄科长,黄太太,欢迎,欢迎。
- Please come in.
- 请进.
- How are you,Mrs. Frank?
- This is a small token of appreciation.
- 傅太太,您好,这是一点小意思。
- I know you like landscape paintings.
- I know you like landscape paintings.
- 我知道,您喜欢山水画。
- I especially asked the friend to paint one for you.
- 我特别请朋友给您画了一张。
- You're really too polite. Thank you.
- 您真太客气,谢谢。
- Come, I'll introduce the two of you.
- 来,我给你们介绍介绍。
- This is Professor Holland, who teaches economics at Taida.
- 这位是何教授,在台湾大学教经济学。
- This is Professor Holland, this is Section Chief Huang, who works at the Bank of Taiwan.
- 何教授,这位是黄科长,在台湾银行工作。
- This is Mrs. Huang.
- 这位是黄太太。
- I'm glad to meet you. How long have you been here?
- 周洋,周洋,你来了多久了?
- I'm glad to meet you. It's only been two months since I came here.
- 周洋,我刚来两个月。
- Professor Holland continues. Listen.
- 还有很多不熟悉的地方,以后还要向您请教。
- Repeat the adjectival verb to be familiar with.
- 熟悉,熟悉。Repeat unfamiliar places.
- 不熟悉的地方,不熟悉的地方。Repeat, there is still much I'm not familiar with.
- 还有很多不熟悉的地方,还有很多不熟悉的地方。
- Say it ahead of the speaker, there is still much I'm not familiar with.
- 还有很多不熟悉的地方,还有很多不熟悉的地方。
- Repeat the verb to ask advice, literally to request teaching.
- 请教。
- 请教。Repeat the prepositional verb which means facing.向。向。
- Repeat the phrase request advice from you.向您请教。
- Repeat the phrase request advice from you.向您请教。
- 向您请教。
- Repeat, later I'll want to request more advice from you.以后还要向您请教。
- 以后还要向您请教。
- How do you say there is still much I'm not familiar with?
- 还有很多不熟悉的地方,还有很多不熟悉的地方。
- 以后还要向您请教。How do you say there is still much I'm not familiar with?还有很多不熟悉的地方。
- How do you say, later I'll want to request more advice from you.以后还要向您请教。
- Secion Chief Huang replies,哪里哪里,希望以后有机会多见面。Repeat to meet or see someone,见面。见面。
- Repeat the phrase to meet more,多见面。多见面。
- Repeat, I hope that in the future we'll have an opportunity to meet more.希望以后有机会多见面。希望以后有机会多见面。
- Here's another example of the word 多 used as the adverb more.Repeat, have some more to eat.多吃一点。多吃一点。
- The 一点 acts as an object here.The word order is adverb verb object.How would you say, come a few more times?多来几次。
- How would you say, buy two more bottles of soda?多买两瓶汽水。
- How do you say, I hope in the future we'll have an opportunity to meet more?希望以后有机会多见面。
- I hope in the future we'll have an opportunity to meet more.希望以后有机会多见面。
- Try replying to Professor Holland's comment yourself now. Say, not at all, not at all. I hope that in the future we'll have an opportunity to meet more.我刚来两个月,还有很多不熟悉的地方,以后还要向您请教。
- How do you say, I hope in the future we'll have an opportunity to meet more?希望以后有机会多见面。
- Again.我刚来两个月,还有很多不熟悉的地方,以后还要向您请教。
- Again.我刚来两个月,还有很多不熟悉的地方,以后还要向您请教。我刚来两个月,还有很多不熟悉的地方,以后还要向您请教。
- How do you say, I hope in the future we'll have an opportunity to meet more?希望以后有机会多见面。
- Now let's review what's been covered on this tape. Put the following conversation into Chinese.
- 黄科长黄太太,欢迎欢迎。Please come in.请进。How are you Mrs. Franklin? Use a small token of appreciation.
- 傅太太您好,这是一点小意思。I know you like landscape paintings.
- 我知道您喜欢山水画。I especially requested a friend to paint one for you.
- 我特别请朋友给你画了一张。You're really too polite. Thank you.
- 您真太客气,谢谢。Come, I'll introduce the two of you.
- 来,我给你们介绍介绍。This is Professor Harland, who teaches economics at Taida.
- 这位是何教授,在台大教经济学。Professor Harland, this is Section Chief Huang, who works at the Bank of Taiwan.
- 何教授,这位是黄科长,在台湾银行工作。This is Mrs. Huang.
- 这位是黄太太。Glad to meet you. How long have you been here?
- 久仰久仰,你来了多久了?Glad to meet you. It's only been two months since I came.
- 久仰久仰,我刚来两个月。There's still much I'm not familiar with.
- 还有很多不熟悉的地方。Later I want to request more advice from you.
- 以后还要向您请教。Not at all, not at all. I hope that in the future we'll have an opportunity to meet more.
- 哪里哪里,希望以后还有机会多见面。This is the end of the tape.
|