FSI - Standard Chinese - Module 09 LIC - Review Units 1-3 - Tape 1.mp3.txt 9.0 KB

123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156157158159160161162163164165166167168
  1. Standard Chinese, A Modular Approach. Life in China Module, Units 1-3, Review Tape 1.
  2. This tape reviews your understanding of the reference list sentences in Units 1-3.
  3. The speaker will say a sentence in Chinese, and you translate it into English.
  4. Let's begin.
  5. 聽說,老王喜歡琴棋书画,是不是?
  6. I hear that Lao Wang likes music, chess, calligraphy, and painting, doesn't he?
  7. 是啊,他的书法很好,还展览过呢。
  8. Yes, his calligraphy is very good. He's even exhibited.
  9. 听说,人们在一个什么委员会领退休金。
  10. I hear that people collect their pensions from a committee of some sort.
  11. 要在街道歌委会领退休金。
  12. That's right. You have to collect it at the Revolutionary Street Committee.
  13. 听,半导体收音机里,又在想到爱国卫生运动了。
  14. Listen, they're talking about the patriotic clean-up campaign on the transistor radio.
  15. 对,长搞卫生就是好,是应该做宣传。
  16. Yes, it's very good to have clean-ups often. This should be widely publicized.
  17. 你如果想退休,应该怎么办?
  18. What should you do if you want to retire?
  19. 应该和工作单位谈一谈。这些事情都是工作单位管。
  20. You should talk with your work unit. These things are all taken care of by your work unit.
  21. 你们工间休息的时候,大家做什么?
  22. What do you all do when you take your break at work?
  23. 做做工间操,锻炼锻炼身体。
  24. We do some break time calisthenics to get in shape.
  25. 这半天,我大哥到哪儿去了?
  26. Where's oldest brother been all this time?
  27. 他正在阳台上乘凉呢。
  28. He's cooling off on the balcony.
  29. 明天你有什么事吗?
  30. Do you have something to do tomorrow?
  31. 明天是8月1号,我们要去慰问金属、猎属。
  32. Tomorrow is August 1st, we're going to visit and cheer up military dependents and family members of revolutionary martyrs.
  33. 华盛顿的电视节目怎么样?
  34. What are Washington television programs like?
  35. 比较丰富。
  36. There's quite a variety.
  37. 今天中午,游线广播站广播的内容多不多?
  38. Did the local broadcasting network broadcast a lot of material today at noon?
  39. 不少,他们念了好几份报纸。
  40. Yes, they read a whole lot of newspapers.
  41. 你觉得这种新文字的办法怎么样?
  42. What do you think of the method of fumigating mosquitoes?
  43. 这种办法很好,大家统一行动,成绩准不错。
  44. It's a good method.
  45. When everybody acts in unison, the results are certain to be good.
  46. 每天早晨,你都出去跑步吗?
  47. Do you go out to run every morning?
  48. 对了,出去跑步,打太极拳。
  49. Yes, I go out to run and do taijiquan.
  50. 回来的时候,顺便到菜市场买菜。
  51. And on the way back, I stop at the market to buy groceries.
  52. 今天,你们接到又搞大扫除了。
  53. Is your street committee area doing a full-scale clean-up again today?
  54. 是啊,我们接到居民敢想敢干。
  55. 一定要把我们这儿搞得像先进街道一样干净。
  56. Yes, the residents of our street committee area dare to think and dare to do.
  57. They're determined to make our areas clean as an advanced street committee area.
  58. 政府是不是号召人们削灭仓营蚊子和老鼠?
  59. Does the government call on the people to exterminate flies, mosquitoes, and rats?
  60. 对,这是爱国卫生运动的重要方面。
  61. Yes, this is one of the important aspects of the patriotic clean-up campaign.
  62. 你接到通知没有?是不是最近学校要开家长会?
  63. Did you receive a notification?
  64. Doesn't the school want to have a parent's meeting soon?
  65. 是啊,好像是下星期一、下午五点。
  66. Yes, it seems to me that it's next Monday at five in the afternoon.
  67. 这个假日你准备去哪儿?
  68. Where are you planning to go for this holiday?
  69. 我想到公社电影队去看看。
  70. I'm thinking of going to the commune's movie team to take a look.
  71. 听说他们的工作搞得相当好。
  72. I've heard that their work is quite good.
  73. 在搞卫生的时候,如果群众有一个好办法,能不能和格伟会谈谈?
  74. When doing the clean-up, if the masses have a good way of doing something,
  75. can they talk about it with the revolutionary street committee?
  76. 当然可以。
  77. 群众不仅参加接到所有的活动,而且经常帮着我们想办法做好各项工作。
  78. Of course they can.
  79. The masses not only take part in all activities,
  80. but moreover they often help us think of ways to take care of various jobs.
  81. 我想参加书法研究会,行不行?
  82. I'd like to take part in a calligraphy study group. Would that be alright?
  83. 这些研究会是人们文化生活的一部分,都是自愿参加的。
  84. These study groups are one part of the cultural life of the people.
  85. They are all voluntary.
  86. 这个周末我可以陪你去。
  87. This weekend I can go with you.
  88. 这个参加演出队的活动以外,业余时间还做什么?
  89. What does she do with her time after work,
  90. in addition to taking part in the activities of the performing arts group?
  91. 她喜欢体育活动,尤其是爱打羽毛球。
  92. She likes sports activity.
  93. She especially loves to play badminton.
  94. 女儿的音乐课成绩很好啊。
  95. Your daughter's music class grades are very good.
  96. 她的成绩是不错,可是她根本不想研究音乐,真是没办法。
  97. Her grades are pretty good,
  98. but she just doesn't want to study music.
  99. There's just nothing I can do about it.
  100. 你们接到隔委会的负责人是谁?
  101. Who's the person in charge of your revolutionary street community?
  102. 是刘开兰,大家叫他刘大姐。
  103. 刘开兰,everyone calls her older sister Liu.
  104. Are the neighborhood committees also in charge of the participation of housewives in political studies?
  105. 是的,居民委员会组织家庭妇女参加学习。
  106. Yes, neighborhood committees organize housewives to participate in studies.
  107. 你把那把药藏在哪儿了?我怎么找不到?
  108. Where did you hide that package of insecticide?
  109. How come I can't find it?
  110. 你进屋去看看,大概就在桌子上。
  111. Go into the room and look.
  112. It's probably right on the table.
  113. 今天上午北京街头好多地方有人用广播同讲话。
  114. 他们在做什么?
  115. This morning there were people in many places on the streets of Peking speaking through megaphone.
  116. What were they doing?
  117. 他们在宣传交通规则。
  118. They were publicizing traffic rules.
  119. 机械洗衣站,帮助居民洗衣服是不是?
  120. Roundries aid the residents in washing clothes, don't they?
  121. 除了帮助居民以外,他们还常常给部队洗被子。
  122. In addition to aiding the residents, they also often wash quilts for the troops.
  123. 解放钱,到中国来看看,到处都很脏。
  124. Before liberation, if you came to China to visit, you would have seen that every place was dirty.
  125. 但是现在不一样了,不少地方都很干净。
  126. But now it's not the same, quite a few places are clean.
  127. 这就是政府和人民大搞卫生的成绩啊。
  128. This is the achievement of the government and the people in doing a large scale clean up.
  129. 街道和学校有没有什么关系?
  130. Is there any connection between the street committee and the school?
  131. 有,比方说我们常常参加学校的活动和孩子们一起做游戏给他们讲故事。
  132. Yes, there is. For example, we often take part in school activities, playing games with the children and telling them stories.
  133. 街道服务站和国家生产计划没有关系吧?
  134. There's no connection between street committee service units and the national production plan, is there?
  135. 你说得对,可是群众都觉得街道服务站的工作非常有用。
  136. No, but the masses feel that the work of the street committee service units is very useful.
  137. 再点着新文字药以前,应该先做什么?
  138. What should we do before lighting the mosquito insecticide?
  139. 应该先把窗户和门都关上。
  140. You should close up all the windows and doors.
  141. 居民委员会,是不是基层的政府机关?
  142. Are the neighborhood committees the lowest level organizations of the government?
  143. 不,街道各委会才是基层的政府机关。
  144. No, it's the revolutionary street committees that are the grassroots organizations of the government.
  145. 居民委员会,首街道各委会的领导。
  146. The neighborhood committees are under the management of the revolutionary street committee.
  147. 你每天早晨都活动一会吗?
  148. Do you get some exercise every morning?
  149. 早晨空气新鲜,在阳台上站一会,对身体很有好处。
  150. Yes, in the morning when the air is fresh, it's good for your health to stand on the balcony for a while.
  151. 你们丰盛地区也有街道各委会吧?
  152. Your Fengsheng area has a revolutionary street committee too, doesn't it?
  153. 有,离我们家不远。
  154. Yes, it's not far from our home.
  155. 年纪大的人使用这种药有没有关系?
  156. Does it matter if this medicine is used by older people?
  157. 没有关系,请看说明书。
  158. No, it doesn't matter. Take a look at the instructions.
  159. 每个街道各委会都领导几个服务站。
  160. Every revolutionary street committee manages several service units, doesn't it?
  161. 是的,除了许多普通的服务站以外,我们还有一个机械洗衣站。
  162. Yes, in addition to many ordinary service units, we also have a laundry.
  163. 你爱人也是搞体力的吗?
  164. Does your spouse do sports too?
  165. 是的,他的体操实在不错。
  166. Yes, he's really pretty good at calisthenics.
  167. This is the end of the tape.
  168. In the Life in China module, units 1 to 3, review tape 1.