乾 隆 皇 帝 为 他 母 后 修 建 了 颐 和 园 。
Qian2 Long2 Huang2di4 wei4 ta1 mu3hou4 xiu1jian4 le Yi2he2yuan2.
Emperor Qian Long built the Summer Palace for his mother.
他 们 放 弃 了 对 那 家 公 司 的 报 价 。 价 钱 太 低 了 。
Ta1men fang4qi4 le dui4 na4 jia1 gong1si1 de bao4jia4. Jia4qian2 tai4 di1 le.
They rejected the bid for the company. It was too low.
这 对 这 个 女 孩 不 公 。
Zhe4 dui4 zhe4 ge4 nu~3hai2r bu4gong1.
This is unfair for this girl.
她 为 上 学 存 钱 。
Ta1 wei4 shang4xue2 cun2qian2.
She deposited money for school.
打 得 好 !
Da3 de2 hao3!
Go for it!
他 是 个 好 人 , 所 以 他 很 容 易 和 其 他 人 打 成 一 片 。
Ta1 shi4 ge4 hao3 ren2, suo3yi3 ta1 hen3 rong2yi4 he2 qi2ta1ren2 da3 cheng2 yi2pian4.
He's a kind man, so it's easy for him to identify with others.
[I am, he is, we are, you are, they are / I was, he was, we were, you were, they were / I have been, he has been, they have been / *had been]
他 们 为 她 请 了 个 大 夫 。
Ta1men wei4 ta1 qing3 le ge4 dai4fu.
They sent for a doctor for her.
这 副 手 套 太 小 了 , 我 戴 不 下 。
Zhe4 fu4 shou3tao4 tai4 xiao3 le, wo3 dai4 bu2 xia4.
These gloves are too small for my hands, I can't get them on.
我 想 我 要 倒 着 走 一 会 儿 。
Wo3 xiang3 wo3 yao4 dao4 zhe zou3 yi2 hui4r.
I think I'll walk backwards for awhile.
列 车 员 大 声 叫 火 车 司 机 暂 时 不 要 开 车 , 因 为 有 一 队 人 晚 了 。
Lei4che1yuan2 da4sheng1 jiao4 huo3che1 si1ji1 zan4shi2 bu2yao4 kai1che1, yin1wei2 you3 yi2 dui4 ren2 wan3 le.
The conductor shouted to the engineer to hold the train for a group of late passengers.
(“to” 表 示 很 大 的 声 音 , 但 不 生 气 , 只 是 传 递 信 息 。)
等 我
deng3 wo3
Wait for me...
等 车
Deng3 che1...
Wait for the bus....
我 给 你 我 的 e-mail 地 址 。
Wo3 gei3 ni3 wo3 de e-mail di4zhi3.
Let me write my e-mail address for you.
我 们 要 两 份 账 单 。
Wo3men yao4 liang3 fen4 zhang4dan1.
We want two bills for the room.
我 做 填 词 游 戏 来 放 松 。
Wo3 zuo4 tian2ci2you2xi4 lai2 fang4song1.
I solve cross-word puzzles for relaxation.
张 萌 的 帽 子 丢 了 , 他 没 有 费 劲 去 找 。
Zhang1 Meng2 de mao4zi diu1 le, ta1 mei2you3 fei4jin4 qu4 zhao3.
Zhang Meng lost his hat. He didn't bother to look for it.
为 了 方 便 , 我 在 卧 室 里 安 了 一 部 分 机 。
Wei4le fang1bian4, wo3 zai4 wo4shi4 li3 an1 le yi2 bu4 fen1ji1.
I installed an extension in the bedroom for convenience.
分 头 付 账 吧 。
Fen1tou2 fu4 zhang4 ba.
Let's ask for separate checks.
他 负 责 野 餐 的 桌 椅 , 我 负 责 游 戏 。
Ta1 fu4ze2 ye3can1de zhuo1yi3, wo3 fu4ze2 you2xi4.
He's responsible for bringing the chairs and table to the picnic. I'll take responsibility for the games.
那 次 革 命 对 经 济 有 好 处 。
Na4 ci4 ge2ming4 dui4 jing1ji4 you3 hao3 chu4.
That revolution was good for the economy.
我 够 不 到 那 本 书 , 你 可 以 拿 给 我 吗 ?
Wo3 gou4 bu2 dao4 na4 ben3 shu1, ni3 ke3yi3 na2 gei3 wo3 ma?
I couldn't reach that book, would you get it for me?
观 众 鼓 掌 五 分 钟 。
Guan1zhong4 gu3 zhang3 wu3 fen1zhong1.
The audience applauded for 5 minutes.
我 需 要 一 些 阿 斯 匹 林 治 疗 我 的 关 节 炎 。
Wo3 xu1yao4 yi4 xie1 a1si2pi1lin2 zhi4liao2 wo3 de guan1jie2yan2.
I need some aspirin for my arthritis.
这 个 课 本 对 这 个 男 孩 不 合 适 , 它 太 难 了 。
Zhe4 ge4 ke4ben3 dui4 zhe4 ge4 nan2hai2r bu4 he2 shi4, ta1 tai4 nan2 le.
This text's not suitable for the boy, it's too difficult.
我 想 换 一 条 大 点 的 。
Wo3 xiang3 huan4 yi4 tiao2 da4 dian3 de.
I want to exchange this for a bigger size.
我 想 把 我 的 计 算 机 以 旧 换 新 , 那 个 旧 的 奔 腾 800 能 折 多 少 钱 ?
Wo3 xiang3 ba3 wo3 de ji4suan4ji1 yi3 jiu4 huan4 xin1, na4 ge4 jiu4 de Ben1teng2 ba1 bai3 neng2 zhe2 duo1shao3 qian2?
I want to trade in my computer for a new one. How much can you give me for this old Pentium 800?
我 的 拖 拉 机 噪 声 很 大 。 我 想 可 能 是 该 换 活 塞 了 。
Wo3 de tuo1la1ji1 zao4sheng1 hen3 da4. Wo3 xiang3 ke3neng2 shi4 gai1 huan4 huo2sai1 le.
My tractor's making terrible noises. I think the pistons are due for replacement.
这 辆 车 太 挤 了 , 我 们 等 下 一 辆 !
Zhe4 liang4 che1 tai4 ji3 le, wo3men deng3 xia4 yi2 liang4.
That bus is too crowded. Let's wait for the next one.
好 久 不 见 !
Hao3 jiu3 bu2 jian4!
Haven't seen you for quite awhile.
我 把 镜 头 盒 丢 了 。
Wo3 ba3 jing4tou2 he2 diu1 le.
I lost the case for my camera lens.
收 音 机 的 开 关 在 哪 儿 ?
Shou1yin1ji1 de kai1guan1 zai4 na3r?
Where's the switch for the radio?
我 们 可 怜 穷 人 。
Wo3men ke3lian2 qiong2ren2.
We have compassion for the poor.
昨 天 篮 球 赛 的 比 分 是 九 十 八 比 六 十 九 。
Zuo2tian1 lan2qiu2sai4 de bi3fen1 shi4 jiu3shi2ba1 bi3 liu4shi2jiu3.
The score for yesterday's basketball game was 98/69.
大 海 里 捞 针 。
Da4hai3 li lao1 zhen1.
Look for a needle in a haystack.
(haystack = 一堆干草 )
我 将 离 开 北 京 去 上 海 呆 一 个 星 期 。
Wo3 jiang1 li2kai1 Bei3jing1 qu4 Shang4hai3 dai1 yi2 ge4 xing1qi1.
I'm leaving Beijing to go to Shanghai for a week.
沿 着 主 路 走 , 在 第 五 个 路 口 左 转 , 家 乐 福 就 在 右 手 边 。
Yan2zhe Zhu3 Lu4 zou3, zai4 di4wu3 ge4 lu4kou3 zuo3 zhuan3, Jia1le4fu2 jiu4 zai4 you4 shou3 bian1.
Go down Main Street for five blocks, turn left and Carrefour will be on your right.
他 们 , 为 他 们 的 新 生 儿 , 考 虑 了 五 十 二 个 名 字 。
Ta1men, wei4 ta1men de xin1 sheng1 er2, kao3lu~4 le wu3shi2er4 ge4 ming2zi.
They're considering fifty-two names for their new baby.
在 朝 鲜 食 堂 旁 边 儿 等 我 。
Zai4 Chao2xian3 shi2tang2 pang2bian1r deng3 wo3.
Wait for me next to the Korean cafeteria.
便 宜 一 些 好 吗 ?
Pian2yi yi4 xie1 hao3 ma?
Can I have it for a little bit less?
我 在 这 个 市 场 上 买 的 这 条 很 不 错 的 真 丝 裙 子 才 二 十 块 钱 。
Wo3 zai4 zhe4 ge4 shi4chang3shang mai3 de zhe4 tiao2 hen3 bu2 cuo4 de zhen1si1 qun2zi cai2 er4shi2kuai4 qian2.
I found the neatest silk skirt in the market for 20 kuai!
人 民 大 会 堂 有 一 间 供 中 国 少 数 民 族 使 用 的 会 议 室 。
Ren2min2 Da4hui4tang2 you3 yi4 jian1 gong4 Zhong1guo2 shao3shu4min2zu2 shi3yong4 de hui4yi4shi4.
The Great Hall of the People has a meeting room for every minority group in China.
我 不 是 给 谁 都 做 风 筝 。
Wo3 bu2 shi4 gei3 shei2 dou1 zuo4 feng1zheng1.
I wouldn't make a kite for just anybody.
( 一 个 朋 友 来 找 你 , 让 你 给 他 们 做 一 个 风 筝 -- 你 可 以 说 这 句 话 , 它 是 补 语 -- 表 示 你 是 只 给 那 些 特 殊 的 人 做 风 筝 , 不 是 所 有 的 人 都 给 做 )
打 了 三 个 小 时 的 字 , 她 伸 了 个 懒 腰 !
Da3 le san1 ge4 xiao3shi2 de zi4, ta1 shen1 le ge4 lan3 yao1.
After typing for three hours, she stretched her arms.
今 天 的 天 气 很 适 合 去 游 泳 。
Jin1tian1 de tian1qi4 hen3 shi4he2 you2yong3.
It's perfect weather for the beach.
这 是 五 本 书 的 收 据 。
Zhe4 shi4 wu3 ben3 shu1 de shou1ju4.
This receipt's for five books.
孩 子 向 她 的 妈 妈 要 一 双 新 手 套 。
Hai2zi xiang4 ta1 de ma1ma yao4 yi4 shuang1 xin1 shou3tao4.
The child asked her mother for a new pair of gloves.
我 爷 爷 在 他 的 书 房 里 呆 了 快 五 个 小 时 了 。
Wo3 ye2ye zai4 ta1 de shu1fang2 li3 dai1 le kuai4 wu3ge xiao3shi2 le.
My grandpa has been in his study for almost 5 hours.
她 有 音 乐 天 赋 。
Ta1 you3 yin1yue4 tian1fu4.
She has a talent for music.
你 帮 我 在 商 店 买 一 桶 油 漆 好 吗 ?
Ni3 bang1 wo3 zai4 shang1dian4 mai3 yi4 tong3 you2qi1 hao3 ma?
Would you please buy a bucket of paint for me when you go to the store?
这 本 词 典 是 为 初 学 者 编 的 。
Zhe4 ben3 ci2dian3 shi4 wei4 chu1xue2zhe3 bian1 de.
This dictionary is intended for beginners.
江 泽 民 主 席 为 克 林 顿 总 统 举 行 晚 宴 。
Jiang1 Ze2min2 Zhu3xi2 wei4 Ke4lin2dun4 Zong3tong3 ju3xing2 wan3yan4.
President Jiang Zemin held a banquet for President Clinton.
我 在 这 儿 的 一 家 公 司 上 班 。
Wo3 zai4 zhe4r de yi4 jia1 gong1si1 shang4ban1.
I'm working for a company here.
来 一 下 。
Lai2 yi2 xia4.
Come over for awhile.
这 是 我 多 年 来 的 习 惯 。
Zhe4 shi4 wo3 duo1 nian2 lai2 di xi2guan4
This has been my habit for many years.
我 学 习 汉 语 半 年 。
Wo3 xue2xi2 Han4yu3 ban4nian2.
I have studied Chinese for one semester.
我 为 学 校 收 集 叶 子 标 本 。
Wo3 wei4 xue2xiao4 shou1ji2 ye4zi biao1ben3.
I made a leaf collection for school.
今 天 邮 局 正 常 营 业 。
Jin1tian1 you2ju2 zheng4chang2 ying2ye4.
Today the post office is open for business as usual.
我 正 在 等 我 的 邮 件 。
Wo3 zheng4zai4 deng3 wo3 de you2jian4.
I'm waiting for my mail.
电 子 制 表 对 于 多 门 学 科 都 是 有 用 的 工 具 , 不 仅 限 于 数 学 。
Dian4zi3 zhi4biao3 dui4 yu2 duo1 men2 xue2ke1 dou1 shi4 you3yong4 de gong1ju4, bu4jin3 xian4yu2 shu4xue2.
A spreadsheet is a useful tool for many subjects, not just mathematics.
苏 州 园 林 以 它 的 规 模 和 美 丽 著 名 。
Su1zhou1 yuan2lin2 yi3 ta1 de gui1mo2 he2 mei3li4 zhu4ming2.
The gardens in Suzhou are famous for their size and beauty.
这 次 航 班 已 被 预 订 满 了 , 我 不 得 不 等 等 , 看 看 有 没 有 人 退 掉 。至 少 那 很 便 宜 。
Zhe4 ci4 hang2ban1 yi3 bei4 yu4ding4 man3 le, wo3 bu4de2bu4 deng3deng3, kan4kan4 you3 mei2 you3 ren2 tui4diao4. Zhi4shao3 na4 hen3 pian2yi.
There are no more reservations for the flight, I'll have to fly stand-by. At least it will be cheaper.
我 们 早 餐 吃 什 么 ?
Wo3men zao3can1 chi1 shen2me?
What are we going to have for breakfast?
( 我 们 去 吃 什 么 ?)
不 吃 早 饭 对 健 康 不 利 。
Bu4 chi1 zao3fan4 dui4 jian4kang1 bu2li4.
Not eating breakfast's bad for your health.
出 去 走 走 , 怎 么 样 ?
Chu1qu4 zou3zou3, zen3meyang4?
How about going out for a walk?
五 十 二 路 车 站 在 哪 儿 ?
Wu3shi2er4lu4 che1zhan4 zai4 na3r?
Where does the bus stop for 52?
他 正 在 大 厅 里 等 你 。
Ta1 zheng4zai4 da4ting1 li3 deng3 ni3.
He's waiting for you in the hall.
(“in” 表 示 在 一 个 空 间 之 内 。)
我 要 为 我 的 假 期 作 准 备 。
Wo3 yao4 wei4 wo3 de jia4qi1 zuo4 zhun3bei4.
I need to prepare for my vacation.
学 生 们 正 准 备 开 会 。
Xue2sheng1men zheng4 zhun3bei4 kai1hui4.
The students are preparing for the meeting.
我 能 帮 你 做 什 么 ?
Wo3 neng2 bang1 ni3 zuo4 shen2me?
What can I do for you?
http://hua.umf.maine.edu/Chinese/topics/topics.html Last Update: July 2012 © Marilyn Shea 1999, 2001, 2004, 2008, 2012