差 一 刻 钟 两 点
cha4 yi2ke4zhong1 liang3 dian3
quarter of two (1:45)
差 一 刻 四 点
cha4 yi2 ke4 si4 dian3
quarter of four
差 五 分 五 点
cha4 wu3 fen1 wu3 dian3
five of five
差 八 分 十 点
cha4 ba1fen1 shi2 dian3
eight minutes of ten (9:52)
差 二 十 五 分 九 点
8:35
twenty-five of nine, 8:35
差 二 十 分 九 点
cha4 er4shi2fen1 jiu3 dian3
twenty of nine
山 顶 上 有 一 座 宝 塔 。
Shan1ding3shang you3 yi2 zuo4 bao3ta3.
There's a pagoda on the top of the hill.
我 再 也 无 法 忍 受 你 的 抱 怨 。 睡 觉 去 吧 !
Wo3 zai4 ye3 wu2fa3 ren3shou4 ni3 de bao4yuan4. Shui4jiao4 qu4 ba.
I can't stand the sound of your whining. Go to bed!
请 给 我 一 份 儿 报 纸 。
Qing3, gei3 wo3 yi2 fen4r bao4zhi3.
A copy of the newspaper, please.
我 的 房 子 在 北 京 的 北 边 儿 。
Wo3 de fang2zi zai4 Bei3jing1 de bei3 bian1r.
My house is in the north part of Beijing.
晚 上 我 去 看 这 出 悲 剧
Wan3shang wo3 qu4 kan4 zhe4 chu1 bei1ju4
This evening I'm going to see a performance of this tragedy
生 活 中 你 要 填 许 多 表 儿 。
Sheng1huo2 zhong1 ni3 yao4 tian2 xu3duo1 biao3r.
To do anything in this life, you have to fill out a lot of forms!
他 的 爸 爸 给 他 很 多 财 产 。
Ta1 de ba4ba gei3 ta1 hen3 duo1 cai2chan3.
He was given a lot of property by his father.
别 为 你 的 孩 子 操 心 , 学 校 会 照 顾 她 的 。
Bie2 wei4 ni3 de hai2zi cao1xin1, xue2xiao4 hui4 zhao4gu4 ta1 de.
Don't worry about your kid, the school will take care of her.
你 喜 欢 喝 什 么 茶 ?
Ni3 xi3huan he1 shen2me cha2?
What type of tea do you prefer?
我 有 五 种 钞 票 , 我 参 观 了 每 种 钞 票 的 国 家 。
Wo3 you3 wu3 zhong3 chao1piao4, wo3 can1guan1 le mei3 zhong3 chao1piao4 de guo2jia1.
I have five kinds of bills, one from each of the countries I visited.
3 的 10 次 方
san1 de shi2 ci4 fang1
3 to power of 10
5 的 2 次 方
wu3 de er4 ci4 fang1
5 to the power of 2
他 买 了 二 十 个 鸡 蛋 , 在 回 家 的 路 上 全 打 碎 了 。
Ta1 mai3 le er4shi2 ge4 ji1dan4, zai4 hui2jia2 de lu4shang quan2 da3 sui4 le.
He bought twenty eggs and broke all of them on the way home.
你 那 里 有 当 地 的 博 物 馆 吗 ?
Ni3 na4li you3 dang1di4 de bo2wu4guan3 ma?
Do you have a museum of local history?
再 给 我 倒 一 杯 啤 酒 。
Zai4 gei3 wo3 dao4 yi4 bei1 pi2jiu3.
Pour me another glass of beer.
看 爸 爸 把 车 倒 出 车 库 。
Kan4 ba4ba ba3 che1 dao4chu1 che1ku4.
Watch Dad back the car out of the garage.
商 店 里 有 各 种 各 样 的 灯 。
Shang1dian4 li3 you3 ge4zhong3ge4yang4 de deng1.
The shop has various kinds of lights.
我 买 了 五 只 灯 泡 , 一 个 小 盒 子 , 和 一 管 牙 膏 。
Wo3 mai3 le wu3 zhi1 deng1pao4, yi2 ge4 xiao3 he2zi, he2 yi4 guan3 ya2gao1.
I bought five lightbulbs, a small box, and one tube of toothpaste.
小 心 ! 杯 子 底 是 湿 的 。
Xiao3xin1! Bei1zi di3 shi4 shi1 de.
Careful! The bottom of the cup's wet.
你 要 去 看 这 场 电 影 吗 ?
Ni3 yao4 qu4 kan4 zhe4 chang3 dian4ying3 ma?
Do you want to go to this showing of the movie?
我 丢 失 了 一 串 钥 匙 。
Wo3 diu1shi1 le yi2 chuan4 yao4shi.
I lost a bunch of keys.
我 发 烧 三 十 八 度 。
Wo3 fa1shao1 san1shi2ba1 du4.
I have a fever of 38 degrees.
我 要 洗 那 堆 脏 衣 服 。
Wo3 yao4 xi3 na4 dui1 zang1 yi1fu.
I need to wash that pile of dirty clothes.
请 问 一 斤 苹 果 多 少 钱 ?
Qing3 wen4 yi4 jin1 ping2guo3 duo1shao3 qian2?
May I ask how much is a pound of apples?
我 们 班 多 数 是 女 生 。
Wo3men ban1 duo1shu4 shi4 nu~3sheng1.
Most of the students in our class are girls.
我 买 了 一 对 新 耳 环 。
Wo3 mai3 le yi2 dui4 xin1 er3huan2.
I bought a new pair of earrings
把 它 靠 着 桌 角 放 。
Ba3 ta1 kao4 zhe zhuo1jiao3 fang4.
Put that down by the corner of the desk.
( 表 示 把 它 放 在 地 上 , 靠 近 桌 角 的 地 方 。)
我 把 苹 果 放 在 冰 箱 的 最 底 层 。
Wo3 ba3 ping2guo3 fang4 zai4 bing1xiang1 de zui4 di3ceng2.
I put the apples on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator.
湖 边 的 风 景 不 错 。
Hu2 bian1 de feng1jing3 bu2 cuo4.
The scenery at the edge of the lake isn't bad.
如 果 我 能 改 进 制 作 这 种 蒸 馏 水 的 方 法 , 我 就 能 挣 很 多 钱 。
Ru2guo3 wo3 neng2 gai3jin4 zhi4zuo4 zhe4 zhong3 zheng1liu2 shui3 de fang1fa3, wo3 jiu4 neng2 zheng4 hen3 duo1 qian2.
If I can perfect this method of distilling water I can make a fortune.
她 自 己 开 了 个 公 司 。
Ta1 zi4ji3 kai1 le ge4 gong1si1.
She established a company of her own.
不 关 你 的 事 儿 。
Bu4 guan1 ni3 de shi4r.
None of your business.
顾 客 比 较 两 种 颜 色 的 沙 发 。
Gu4ke4 bi3jiao4 liang3zhong3 yan2se4 de sha1fa1.
The customer compared the colors of the two sofas.
你 们 有 什 么 果 汁 ?
Ni3men you3 shen2me guo3zhi1?
What type of fruit juice do you have?
大 人 不 应 怕 黑 。
Da4 ren2 bu4 ying1 pa4 hei1.
Adults should not be afraid of the dark.
孩 子 们 六 岁 上 学 。
Hai2zimen liu4 sui4 shang4xue2.
Children start school at six years of age.
韩 国 的 首 都 是 汉 城 。
Han2guo2 de shou3du1 shi4 Han4cheng2.
The capital of South Korea is Seoul.
他 送 给 我 一 束 花 儿 。
Ta1 song4 gei3 wo3 yi2 shu4 hua1r.
He gave me a bunch of flowers.
中 国 人 民 永 远 怀 念 周 总 理 。
Zhong1guo2 ren2min2 yong3yuan3 huai2nian4 Zhou1 Zong3li3.
Chinese people will cherish the memory of President Zhou forever.
溥 仪 是 中 国 的 末 代 皇 帝 。
Pu3yi2 shi4 Zhong1guo2 de mo4 dai4 huang2di4.
Pu Yi was the last emperor of China.
这 台 机 器 能 干 三 个 人 的 活 儿 。
Zhe4 tai2 ji1qi4 neng2 gan4 san1 ge4 ren2 de huo2r.
This machine can do the work of three men.
我 丢 了 一 把 剪 子 。
Wo3 diu1 le yi4 ba3 jian3zi.
I lost a pair of scissors.
许 多 服 务 是 需 要 交 钱 的 。
Xu3duo1 fu2wu4 shi4 xu1yao4 jiao1 qian2 de.
Most of the services should be paid for.
退 出 键 在 键 盘 的 左 上 角 。
Tui4chu1jian4 zai4 jian4pan2 de zuo3 shang4 jiao3.
The escape key's at the top left side of the keyboard.
我 为 你 骄 傲 。
Wo3 wei4 ni3 jiao1ao4.
I'm proud of you.
这 条 街 叫 什 么 名 字 ?
Zhe4 tiao2 jie1 jiao4 shen2me ming2zi?
What's the name of this street?
查 看 一 下 抽 屉 的 紧 里 面 , 它 一 定 在 那 儿 。
Cha2kan4 yi2xia4 chou1ti jin3 li3mian4, ta1 yi2ding4 zai4 na4r.
Look in the back of the drawer. It must be there.
李 先 生 是 北 京 化 工 公 司 的 经 理 。
Li3 xian1sheng shi4 Bei3jing1 Hua4gong1 Gong1si1 de jing1li3.
Mr. Li's the manager of the Beijing Chemical Company.
啊 ! 我 的 胳 膊 肘 磕 在 桌 角 上 啦 !
A! Wo3de ge1bozhou3 ke1 zai4 zhuo1jiao3 shang la!
Ouch! I hit my elbow on the corner of the desk.
我 在 商 店 买 了 一 瓶 可 口 可 乐 去 公 园 喝 。
Wo3 zai4 shang1dian4 mai3 le yi4 ping2 ke3ko3ke3le4 qu4 gong1yuan2 he1.
I bought a bottle of Coca-Cola at the store to drink at the park.
即 使 在 现 在 , 孔 子 思 想 也 是 中 国 文 化 重 要 的 一 部 分 。
Ji2shi3 zai4 xian4zai4, Kong3zi3si1xiang3 ye3shi4 Zhong1guo2 wen2hua4 zhong4yao4 de yi2 bu4fen.
Confucianism is an important part of Chinese culture, even today.
我 在 高 路 和 枫 树 路 的 路 口 儿 住 。
Wo3 zai4 Gao1 Lu4 he2 Feng1shu4 Lu4 de lu4kou34 zhu4.
I live at the corner of Maple and High Streets.
老 舍 是 中 国 著 名 作 家 之 一 。
Lao3she3 shi4 Zhong1guo2 zhu4ming2 zuo4jia1 zhi1yi1.
Lao She is one of the famous writers in China.
英 国 女 王 骑 马 。
Ying1guo2 nu~3 wang2 qi2 ma3.
The Queen of England rides horses.
我 感 兴 趣 的 两 门 科 学 是 心 理 学 和 生 物 学 。
Wo3 gan3xing4qu4 de liang3 men2 ke1xue2 shi4 xin1li3xue2 he2 sheng1wu4xue2.
Psychology and Biology are two branches of science that interest me.
要 想 打 开 电 脑 的 后 盖 , 必 须 拧 下 它 后 面 的 三 颗 螺 钉 。
Yao4 xiang3 da3kai1 dian4nao3 de hou4 gai4, bi4xu1 ning3xia4 ta1 hou4mian de san1 ke1 luo2ding1.
There are three screws on the back of the computer case which must be unscrewed to remove the cover.
我 要 买 三 条 牛 仔 裤 。
Wo3 yao4 mai3 san1 tiao2 niu2zai3ku4.
I want to buy three pairs of jeans.
我 在 街 道 旁 边 儿 发 现 一 块 钱 。
Wo3 zai4 jie1dao4 pang2bian1r fa1xian4 yi2 kuai4 qian2.
I found a dollar by the side of the road.
那 幅 画 有 点 儿 偏 左 , 你 应 该 把 它 往 右 移 。
Na4 fu2 hua4r you3 dian3r pian1zuo3, ni3 ying1gai1 ba3 ta1 wang3 you4 yi2.
That picture is a little to the left of middle, you ought to move it to the right.
请 买 一 些 六 瓶 装 的 啤 酒 。
Qing3 mai3 yi4 xie1 liu4 ping2 zhuang1 de pi2jiu3.
Please buy several six packs of beer.
上 学 期 我 打 了 好 几 次 乒 乓 球 。
Shang4xue2qi1 wo3 da3 le hao3ji3ci4 ping1pang1qiu2.
Last semester I played a lot of ping-pong.
歌 唱 家 有 很 多 钱 。
Ge1chang4jia1 you3 hen3duo1 qian2.
The singer had a lot of money.
在 商 店 前 边 的 人 是 谁 ?
Zai4 shang1dian4 qian2bian de ren2 shi4 shei2?
Who's the man who's in front of the store?
我 想 强 调 按 时 到 会 的 重 要 性 。
Wo3 xiang3 qiang2diao4 an4shi2 dao4 hui4 de zhong4yao4xing4.
I want to emphasize the importance of being on time for this meeting.
我 只 好 绕 到 房 后 拿 我 的 铲 子 。
Wo3 zhi3hao3 rao4 dao4 fang2hou4 na2 wo3 de chan3zi.
I had to walk around to the back of the house to get my shovel.
( around = 在 圆 圈 里 )
你 认 为 电 影 怎 么 样 ?
Ni3 ren4wei2 dian4ying3 zen3meyang4?
What do you think of the film?
失 败 是 成 功 之 母
Shi1bai4 shi4 cheng2gong1 zhi1 mu3.
Failure's the mother of success. (English idiom)
你 有 时 间 去 参 观 中 国 历 史 博 物 馆 吗 ?
Ni3 you3 shi2jian1 qu4 can1guan1 Zhong1guo2 Li4shi3 Bo2wu4guan3 ma?
Do you have enough time to visit the Museum of Chinese History?
他 手 里 端 着 三 盘 饺 子 。
Ta1 shou3 li3 duan1 zhe san1 pan2 jiao3zi.
He had three plates of dumplings in his hand.
在 我 们 做 那 个 重 要 的 决 定 之 前 , 我 们 必 须 要 收 集 更 多 的 第 一 手 资 料 。
Zai4 wo3men zuo4 na4 ge4 zhong4yao4 de jue2ding4 zhi1qian2, wo3men bi4xu1 yao4 shou1ji2 geng4duo1 de di4yi1 shou3 zi1liao4.
We have to collect more raw data before we can make a decision of that importance.
这 套 书 有 五 册 。
Zhe4 tao4 shu1 you3 wu3 ce4.
This set of books has 5 volumes.
卧 室 中 间 有 一 张 双 人 床 。
Wo4shi4 zhong1jian1 you3 yi4 zhang1 shuang1ren2chuang2.
There's a double bed in the middle of the bedroom.
我 们 已 经 走 了 全 程 的 四 分 之 一 。
Wo3men yi3jing1 zou3 le quan2cheng2 de si4 fen1 zhi1yi1.
We've already come a quarter of the distance.
我 的 十 个 同 学 昨 天 去 看 展 览 了 。
Wo3 de shi2ge4 tong2xue2 zuo2tian1 qu4 kan4 zhan3lan3 le.
Ten of my classmates went to the exhibition yesterday.
哪 儿 的 咯 咯 声 ? 看 看 车 下 边 吧 。
Na3r de ge1ge1 sheng1? Kan4kan che1 xia4bian ba.
Where's the rattle? Look at the underside of the car.
下 图 将 向 你 们 介 绍 主 板 的 基 本 构 造 。
Xia4 tu2 jiang1 xiang4 ni3men jie4shao4 zhu3ban3 de ji1ben3 gou4zao4.
The diagram below will show you the basic structure of the motherboard.
( below( 形 容 词 ) = 较 低 的 -- below 形 容 插 图 )
走 到 头 向 右 。
Zou3 dao4 tou2 xiang4 you4.
Turn right at the end of the road.
每 次 进 她 的 屋 子 都 能 闻 到 一 股 香 味 儿 。
Mei3 ci4 jin4 ta1 de wu1zi dou1 neng2 wen2dao4 yi4 gu3 xiang1wei4(r).
Each time you enter her living room, you're always able to smell a whiff of fragrance
( 当 美 国 人 提 到 “ room” , 指 的 是 卧 室 。 在 美 国 参 观 一 个 人 的 卧 室 不 是 很 普 遍 的 。 如 果 他 们 住 的 只 有 一 个 房 间 , 就 称 为 单 元 房 或 独 居 。 )
今 天 股 市 有 了 小 幅 上 涨 , 它 们 部 分 地 抵 消 了 昨 天 的 损 失 。
Jin1tian1 gu3shi4 you3 le xiao3fu2 shang4zhang3, ta1men bu4fen de di3xiao1 le zuo2tian1 de sun3shi1.
There were modest gains in the stock market today. They partially set off the losses of yesterday.
妈 妈 切 到 了 手 。 血 一 下 子 从 伤 口 里 流 出 。
Ma1ma qie1 dao4 le shou3. Xie3 yi2 xia4zi cong2 shang1kou3 li3 liu2 chu1.
Mother cut her hand. Blood poured out of the cut.
( “ flow” 是 精 确 的 翻 译 , 在 英 文 中 比 较 柔 和 -- “ the stream flows by” -- “ pour” 有 一 种 快 速 的 感 觉 -- “ it's pouring rain” 表 示 雨 下 的 很 大 -- “ pour” 给 人 一 种 急 切 的 感 觉 )
我 有 兴 趣 看 这 种 报 纸 。
Wo3 you3 xing4qu4 kan4 zhe4 zhong3 bao4zhi3.
I'm interested in reading this kind of paper.
他 害 怕 蛇 是 出 于 心 理 上 的 原 因 。
Ta1 hai4pa4 she2 shi4 chu1yu2 xin1li3shang de yuan2yin1.
His fear of snakes is psychological.
她 被 选 举 为 会 议 主 持 人 。
Ta1 bei4 xuan3ju3 wei2 hui4yi4 zhu3chi2ren2.
She was elected to be the chairperson of the meeting.
昨 天 , 那 班 学 生 去 爬 山 了 。
Zuo2tian1, na4 ban1 xue2sheng qu4 pa2shan1 le.
Yesterday, that class of students went to climb the mountain.
那 座 房 子 上 有 什 么 ?
Na4 zuo4 fang2zishang you3 shen2me?
What's on top of that house?
中 国 有 八 亿 人 口 。
Zhong1guo2 you3 ba1 yi4 ren2kou3.
China has a population of 800 million.
这 句 话 什 么 意 思 ?
Zhe4 ju4hua4 shen2me yi4si?
What's the meaning of this sentence?
树 右 边 儿 是 什 么 ?
Shu4 you4bian1r shi4 shen2me?
What's that to the right of the tree?
这 还 有 用 吗 , 还 是 应 该 扔 掉 ?
Zhe4 hai2 you3yong4 ma, hai2shi ying1gai1 reng1diao4?
Is this of any use, or should we throw it out?
在 键 盘 右 边 的 中 间 , 你 将 找 到 “ 上 页 ” 和 “ 下 页 ” 键 。
Zai4 jian4pan2 you4bian1 de zhong1jian1, ni3 jiang1 zhao3dao4 "shang4 ye4" he2 "xia4 ye4" jian4.
Toward the right side of the keyboard, in the middle, you will find the page up and page down keys.
在 戏 剧 进 行 的 时 候 , 她 一 阵 咳 嗽 , 所 以 她 出 去 了 。
Zai4 xi4ju4 jin4xing2 de shi2hou ta1 yi2 zhen4 ke2sou suo3yi3 ta1 chu1 qu4 le.
She had a fit of coughing during the play, so she left.
你 知 道 怎 样 用 天 平 吗 ?
Ni3 zhi1dao4 zen3yang4 yong4 tian1ping2 me?
Do you know how to use a set of scales?
我 想 给 那 个 建 筑 物 照 相 。
Wo3 xiang3 gei3 na4 ge4 jian4zhu4wu4 zhao4 xiang4.
I want to take a picture of that building.
你 应 该 好 好 照 顾 你 的 妈 妈 。
Ni3 ying1gai1 hao3hao1 zhao4gu4 ni3 de ma1ma.
You should take good care of your mother.
孩 子 们 害 怕 针 。
Hai2zimen hai4pa4 zhen1.
Children are afraid of needles.
我 的 一 只 耳 环 掉 进 了 水 池 子 。
Wo3 de yi4 zhi1 er3huan2 diao4 jin4 le shui3chi2zi.
One of my earrings fell in the sink.
(“ sink” 是 比 较 小 的 --- 在 卫 生 间 或 厨 房 , 用 于 洗 手 和 洗 盘 子 --- 通 常 “ sink” 暗 示 有 活 水 和 下 水 道 。 作 为 动 词 , sink 表 示 下 沉 , 通 常 是 不 情 愿 的 。)
它 正 好 在 最 上 面 的 抽 屉 里 的 最 外 边 。
Ta1 zheng4hao3 zai4 zui4 shang4mian4 de chou1ti li3 de zui4 wai4bian.
It's right in the front of the top drawer.
( 表 示 在 抽 屉 的 里 面 而 不 是 前 面 。当 你 用 “ of the drawer” , 必 须 要 有 前 置 的 “the” 。)
http://hua.umf.maine.edu/Chinese/topics/topics.html Last Update: July 2012 © Marilyn Shea 1999, 2001, 2004, 2008, 2012